Only 1000 miles south of Miami…SoFlo NYI will be joining around 3000 other Nazarenes as we go to Puerto Rico together for Encuentro! We will be involved in impacting the people throughout Puerto Rico, which is only 100 miles long and 35 miles wide. It has two Nazarene Districts with 50 churches and more than 10 preaching points and 3.9 million people. Nazarenes from across the United States will be involved in this two-week revolution, through evangelistic services (youth and whole church crusades), construction projects, and sports events; then with orchestras and musical teams coordinating a city-wide crusade.
We will be trained and equipped to work alongside Puerto Rican Nazarenes, while reaching hundreds of children and adults, helping them find Jesus, teaching them to respect and love each other, and working on different building projects for expanding congregations.
– To strengthen and encourage the church in Puerto Rico, while having a life-changing experience ourselves.
– July 10-16, 2016 (a Sunday through Saturday)
How Much? $1000
– Round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Puerto Rico
– ALL Transportation and meals, while in Puerto rico (Monday through Friday)
– $100 non-refundable deposit and forms are due by April 1, but spots will fill quickly, so send your forms & deposit as soon as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
A few extra details (more will come as registration closes)…
– We will be helping with VBS at Calvary church (???) Monday through Thursday
– Friday is our FREE DAY in which we will surround ourselves with the sites of Puerto Rico & close out our week with an evening City-Wide Crusade.
– We only have 30 spots for our whole district, so the first 30 to turn in their form AND $100 deposit will be registered.
– Passports will NOT be needed because Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States.
– 7th graders and up are encouraged to join this adventure!! Please email Jill Mallow, text, or call her (772) 766-2175, if you have any questions.