Have you ever considered that what you do today could be the last time you ever do some things? Not trying to be morbid, just blogging. Since announcing our plans to retire at the District Assembly in May, most of the events that have happened since June 2013 will be the last ones in which we participate the same way:
– Attend General Assembly as a DS and chairman of my delegation.
– Conduct a Regular Pastoral Review.
– Lead an Pastors and Wives Retreat.
– Participate on an SFD Work and Witness trip.
– Call for a Corporate Daniel Fast in January on SFD that culminates in a Prayer Summit.
– Give a new young pastor his first lead pastor position.
There a few scheduled lasts yet to come:
– Conduct my last church board meeting.
– Install my last pastor. Quite possibly that could be at Avon Park on February 16th.
– Lead my last Pastor Prep Days: March 13-15, 2014 with Dr. Gary Henecke our special guest.
– Attend my last Hispanic Mission Congress: February 22nd.
– Attend my last Trevecca Nazarene University Trustee’s Meeting: March 19-21.
– Conduct my last District Advisory Board Meeting: March 7th.
– Preach my last time and be with the lovely people at our Englewood church: March 2nd.
– Serve alongside Dennis Moore at an SFD NMI Convention.
– Give my final DS Report at a District Assembly concluding 19 years as a DS and 43 consecutive years of service in our beloved Church of the Nazarene.
We are currently in one last event:
– The 2014 Superintendent’s Retreat here in Tucson. Retiring DS’s will be honored on Sunday, February 9th.
I hope that many of you who read this blog will plan to be with us for these great ending events. Today I find myself agreeing with the writer of Ecclesiastes: “…To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life–this is indeed a gift from God. God keeps (us) so busy enjoying life that (we) take no time to brood over the past (and lasts)” (Nixon paraphrase of NLT 5:19b-20).
David F. Nixon, D.Min.
but it is necessary to be very attentive what to rumple who it and whether there can be this person a swindler. after all and such happens. you don’t need which counterfeit production too much. simply it costs strongly cheaper.