The Finance Committee is charged with preparing this report for you, and also determining the percentage used for the District Apportionments. For the first three years of the new system, the percentage was 4.4%. For the last two years it has been 5%. The Finance Committee approved a 5% figure for this coming year as well, leaving the district budget virtually unchanged for 2015-16.
Among the changes in this year’s report:
1. A more generous vacation schedule for pastors.
2. A note about the changes in the law regarding health insurance and cost reimbursements.
3. Text from the Manual is included in an Appendix, to make it easier to find the paragraphs that are referenced in the Report.
4. An extensive explanation about the concept of “tithe and offering” for the apportionments system.
5. An example of how to figure your apportionments.
6. A sample budget for a church that raises $100,000.
7. Appendix material on sabbaticals for pastors.